Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347550 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1501
I'll bet Howie would applaud how "wide" our democracy is, in this instance… :) Here's a fine example!

The Democrats' mantra is "It's insignificant!"
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1502
When you vote on a voting machine, wouldn't you still have to identify yourself all the way down to fingerprint, iris, urine, saliva, and dna?
In most Democratic districts, you don't even have to be above ground and breathing. :)
进行 ...

Reply #1503
So, illegally speaking, they can vote just fine?
They wouldn't be able to register to vote in the first place. Trump was having paranoid delusions as usual, combined with excuse making when he loses.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1504
They wouldn't be able to register to vote in the first place.
And they can't work without Social Security cards, either! Blatant and willful blindness, Sang.
进行 ...

Reply #1505
They wouldn't be able to register to vote in the first place.
And they can't work without Social Security cards, either! Blatant and willful blindness, Sang.
But surely that's the same for your counterproposal? If it's not the system that's broken[1] but the extent to which city officials actually follow the rules, then why would the same (kind of) people who aren't properly checking IDs now do it better if they have to do it twice?
I'd argue it is compared to how it works in, e.g., the Netherlands, but not in a manner relevant to the discussion. We're all registered to vote automatically and then we have the choice to show up and identify ourselves with our ID and our call to vote. Same as in the US I believe, but without having to register. Although living abroad I do have to register because I'm not a citizen of any Dutch municipalities, but that aside.

Reply #1506
When you vote on a voting machine, wouldn't you still have to identify yourself all the way down to fingerprint, iris, urine, saliva, and dna?
In most Democratic districts, you don't even have to be above ground and breathing. :)
But if dead people get to vote, this is surely not the fault of the dead people. As @Frenzie indicates, it's the fault of the officials.

So Trump is blaming officials, not illegals. Is he promising a sweeping turnover of staff at border control and among those who register people to vote? Would that solve the problem or would it itself become a problem, what do you think? Because if Republicans get to mess with staff relevant to elections, then so must Democrats get to do it. Are you saying this would be something where everyone would win? I suspect this is the situation already, so Trump is really promising nothing and whining about nothing.

Edit: Or is Trump ultimately saying something like, "If I lose, it's because those #@*% Dems rigged the elections again. If I win, I will have won despite Dems having rigged the elections!"

Reply #1507
I noticed an earlier frustration from midnight on the stupidity of people waning to vote for Trump. Can understand that in a strong sense but why do so many feel inclined for him?Haven't things declined somewhat?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1508
Standing outside Home Depot and getting official documents are completely separate things :p Don't tell me you're trying to defend his paranoid fantasies.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1509
Don't tell me you're trying to defend his paranoid fantasies.
Don't tell me you're naive enough to discount voter fraud…
进行 ...

Reply #1510
I get it. Oakdale likes to explain and justify Trump's inanities, to explain the inexplicable and justify the unjustifiable. So I offer him these gems from a 2005 tape of Trump:

Quote from:  Donald Trump
I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn't get there, and she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything.

Quote from: Donald Trump
I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.
Yes, he's talking about kissing women and grabbing them by the genitals without any kind of permission on the basis that he's "a star."

This is the guy that wants to be president :faint: Still want to explain away Trump's statements, Oakdale? Go for it :yes:

Reply #1511
Don't tell me you're naive enough to discount voter fraud...
Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself by giving Trumps moronic/paranoid conspiracy theory any credence at all. What's supposedly happening? There are Democratic operatives waiting on this side of the border (or maybe acting as coyotes) illegal immigrants voter cards , despite the fact that when you register your ID information is taken and verified before you actually get your voter card in the mail? Give me a break. I feel ashamed for you because Republicans seem incapable of feeling any themselves for the idiocy they have to support this election.

Reply #1512
This is what Trump's running mate, Mike Pence, had to say about those comments:

As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday," Pence said in a written statement. "I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night

Reply #1513
despite the fact that when you register your ID information is taken and verified before you actually get your voter card in the mail?
Glad to hear that Nevada's system is better than California's, Sang. Sorry to remind you of the disparity between their electoral votes, though.

Do I believe the Border Patrol has been issued "orders" to facilitate voter fraud? No, I don't.
Do I believe the Democrat Party has persistently and consistently facilitated voter fraud? Yes, I do — based on evidence going back to, say, 1960…when the "dead vote" went overwhelmingly for Kennedy! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1514
Couldn't Trump just say "What difference, at this point, does it make?" :)
进行 ...

Reply #1515
What we're discussing is Trump's bizarre comments that illegal immigrants will somehow vote for Hillary and the border patrol was given orders to let them through. This is preposterous. The Trump Crazy Train has gone off the rails.

Reply #1516
What we're discussing is Trump's bizarre comments that illegal immigrants will somehow vote for Hillary
You think they'll vote for Trump?! :)

It seems your support for Hillary has morphed into "She's not Trump" territory… My opposition to her remains "She's Hillary"!
————————————————————
A "fun fact": Barack Obama did not win in a single state that required a photo I.D. to vote in 2012. (source)
进行 ...

Reply #1517
Your feelings remain fueled by the tabloids. There's no greater ignorance than a man who's feelings make the decisions. 

Reply #1518
A "fun fact": Barack Obama did not win in a single state that required a photo I.D. to vote in 2012. (source)

Maybe voter fraud is rampant in America, although I thought it was called gerrymandering, but arguments like these are laughable.

There were also a whole host of precincts in Cuyahoga County where Mitt Romney received just one or two votes.  Overall, Barack Obama won more than 99 percent of the vote in more than 100 precincts in just this one county.

How in the world does that happen?

How does it happen that there is barely even a single person in some poverty-stricken precinct of Cleveland who would vote for the guy that called them leeches? Gee, it truly boggles the mind…

Reply #1520

Quote from:  Donald Trump
I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn't get there, and she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything.

- Reminds me of oral sex in the Oval Office. Would the Donald manage to top Bill Clinton?
- How about Hillary? Will she be the first Domina in the Oval Office? Will she make Kim Jong-un her slave?

US Presidents can be quite amusing if they are not too busy with military interventions and invasions. :)

Reply #1521
For what I read dead people can vote. Twice.
Shit happens. :)
In a south European country dead people even received old-age pension. For years. ;)

Reply #1522
Now Tic Tac[/url denounced Trump.

“Tic Tac respects all women,” Tic Tac USA posted on Twitter Saturday afternoon. “We find the recent statements and behavior completely inappropriate and unacceptable.”

#tictacsagainsttrump ? :lol:

The article also reminds us this is the second time in as many weeks a candy company has denounced the Trump campaign, noting that Skittles did so after Trump's son compared Syrian refugees to their candy.

Not even candy can stand Trump, I guess.

Reply #1523
One wonders, did Monica Lewinsky use TicTacs or Certs? Sang, you are once again desperate! Yes, Trump is a cad and a buffoon… But Hillary should be a felon, for actions inside and outside her government service.
进行 ...

Reply #1524
One wonders, did Monica Lewinsky use TicTacs or Certs? Sang, you are once again desperate! Yes, Trump is a cad and a buffoon… But Hillary should be a felon, for actions inside and outside her government service.
By what standard is Trump not a felon?

"...didn't pay any federal income tax."

"That makes me smart."

Two felons are running against each other. The best solution? Let America be without president for the next term. A little timeout is clearly in order.