Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347578 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1400
I had already seen that video by the doctor  and was an interesting item. Anyway midnight going bananas on the media? Up until now it kind of struck me the media had been leaning towards her but there is something even more odd. I know she will be spending a great deal of time and effort on a campaign and can have an effect but there is something really puzzling about her. For months she has avoided being interviewed by them so why is that? Trump doesn't mind being interviewed by the papers so why is she keeping a distance?

This Presidential Election is one of the most controversial for a long time and why isn't there more coming out on actual policies and details that will help the ordinary people??  Her side is so well into the corporate camp so they cannot moan at anyone else and on top of that she is a very hawkish and war freak person. So maybe someone will be honest or more practical and say why she ignores the reporters?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1401
Up until now it kind of struck me the media had been leaning towards her but there is something even more odd.
Are you kidding? They're going over her with a fine toothed comb, but often Trump outright lies and inaccurate statements are barely reported. Clinton's emails are in the news almost daily, despite the fact they show nothing and yet Trump defrauding his "students" got only a brief mention. Trump's other morally/ethically challenged behavior gets no mention at all in the mainstream media. It almost seems as if the maistream media supports Trump.

Oh yeah, about her supposedly not speaking to the media..http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hillary-clinton-tim-kaine-democratic-ticket-scott-pelley/

Why are you being into Trumo's bullshit? Oh yes, because she's "Miss Bossy Boots" , which means you can't stand a woman with authority.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1402
For all the emotional shouting from you on Clinton as some kind of more practical person than Trump is something else. She is way ahead on the corporate money corner as you should well know living there. Two additional occasions of speaking to corporate companies gave her a 6 figure each for showing her support for them.  Somehow because of Trump she is somehow an automatic wonder woman?  We already know how war footing a mind she has but maybe you can tell us what her policies are please on those big sections of the population I mention but we don't get an answer on?  You know fine well that there ARE many sensible Americans who as it happens fail to trust her. That your country fancies Trump so much is your problem boy and you have no answer unless you follow her stupidity when she had to apologise for going over the score. I didn't push a button for millions of ex-colonists to flock behind Trump you did that well yourselves! That both Trump and Clinton are so close in the polls is your problem and you cannot handle that as it shows something very negative about an awful lot of your fellow country men and women. Snarling at me is just another body-swerve  so please do tell us what she will do regarding policies on the vast poor and suffering people and that would be more sensible and appreciated.

Reply #1403
She is way ahead on the corporate money corner as you should well know living there.
You keeping saying this but Trump IS the corporate money corner. Trump supporters like to claim he isn't beholden to Wall Street interests. The fact that he IS a Wall Street interest eludes their tiny minds.
We already know how war footing a mind she has but maybe you can tell us what her policies are please on those big sections of the population I mention but we don't get an answer on?
You somehow think he's better on this regard? He threatened war on Iran because some Iranian sailors evidently made rude hand gestures at an American ship.
Snarling at me is just another body-swerve  so please do tell us what she will do regarding policies on the vast poor and suffering people and that would be more sensible and appreciated.
You also keep saying this, but what's Trump going to do? He's only out for himself and the probable reason he wants to be president is to enrich himself (sending business from the US government to his companies, etc)

You just repeat the same things about Clinton, without taking into account he's the same (and worse) and each of your complaints.

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1404
I recall watching a programme on tv which indicated that the democrats via Obama drew in more from the corporates than the republicans. As for Clinton we are constantly being leaned on that she and her side ar automatically a better deal for the people than Trump. We know Trump is a big money man but it IS Clinton who is getting a big deal from the Wall Street lot even if it does not suit to hear it. As for repeating a stance that has had to be made because one does NOT get an answer to a direct question so will try again raccoon.

If Clinton and the Democrats are a better deal why can't you tell me what she and them will do for the millions on food stamps, house loss and so on? If the Democrats are somehow a better deal for the people why cannot you answer these points from the Democrats corner?? For all the faults that trump has I fail to see how the democrats are somehow the people of vision when those questions of mine cannot or will not be answered. She has not come out with anything poistive yet just like trump shouting out slogans and you know fine well that she is getting more from the corporate interest whether you like it to be mentioned or not. She is also a war woman too and confrontational. Many of your compatriots who are level headed do not take to her either and get by with the old lesser than two evils waste of time nonsense. In addition many people are sighing over the political system and feel it is no doing what it is meant to do for so many of the people. Definitive polices at home and shutting damn bases you have on the hundreds would reduce the constant trillions of debt or even help the tens of millions of poor you are ignoring because you have no answer,

The problem is with the big money controllers and the system has been corrupted and flawed with more and more realsing that.Sanders in a way was a welcome different direction but you are stuck with the big 2 and neither has a great candidate unfortunately. Many realise that now.

Reply #1405
I recall watching a programme on tv which indicated that the democrats via Obama drew in more from the corporates than the republicans.
I'll not reply to the rest of this, RJ… But Obama was the first candidate for the presidency to eschew public financing (and the limits it requires) in modern history.
And, yes, he spent more than anyone ever had: Not bad for a junior senator who hadn't even finished one term! (:) the Dems are good at getting money, eh?)  I expect the same from Clinton.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1406
you are stuck with the big 2 and neither has a great candidate unfortunately. Many realise that now.
On that account, you're not wrong. I was wondering why you were harping on Clinton when every negative you can say also applies to Trump (often even worse.)

Reply #1407
The point I am making midnight I would have thought was in honesty very practical. The impressions is always been the trait that the Democrats in general are a better breed in the system but when one asks about the very big and negative things like the points I have raised Hilary Clinton never speaks on them and when i ask if the Democrats are so much the better brand why do they not say anything about the levels of unemployment the 43 million poor and the million as year losing homes|?? These very in the face tragic negatives are ignored and that includes the routine of a forum. If the Democrats are even in the stuck big two system the more positive why are we getting no answers to these serious and important points. That needs to be expressed here on this thread.

Unfortunately in the rather restricted way of the big two tens of millions of the suffering are bypassed and unfortunately that tradition does so here. I only wish that such a dismal thing was answered here but even the thinking cannot because the 2 parties do a body-swerve and if the Democrats are viewed as being broader based why the silence? I also stick by the view that she was th wrong person for her party to take on and she is a very world conversationalist. So what is Clinton and the democrats stance on the subjects I refer to?

Reply #1408
The MSM has had a meltdown, a flat out apoplectic fit.

Jimmy Fallon broke one of their cardinal rules.....don't let Donald Trump look like anything but a bad guy, a monster, a Hitleresque Nazi, ....& don't, by any means whatsoever let him enjoy himself in the public eye ... like a 'regular' guy would...... well they've gone absolutely apoplectic!

Livid because of this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPh_raqO_A0[/video]

Then it led to this, something I never thought I'd ever see Trump let someone do.....ever.....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BYqzdiuJc[/video]

Words out, Fallon want's to do a strip search of Hillary next week......& she's so hard up to get her campaign on track she's thinkin' about it!.....stay tuned!

(link) See how the MSM & the Progressive left has taken to Fallon's Trump spot.
 They didn't like Fallon's "normalization" of Trump .. not one lil bit!!

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #1409
I also stick by the view that she was th wrong person for her party to take on and she is a very world conversationalist. So what is Clinton and the democrats stance on the subjects I refer to?
Her stance on those issues is no mystery, just check her website . Meanwhile Trump's economic stances are the same failed "trickle down" economic policies that no longer work because the money gets hoarded by robber barons like him and not invested in jobs.

You speak of poverty in the US. Poverty in the US is actually declining.
http://www.census.gov/library/publications/2016/demo/p60-256.html

Poverty:
The official poverty rate in 2015 was 13.5 percent, down 1.2 percentage points from 14.8 percent in 2014.

In 2015, there were 43.1 million people in poverty, 3.5 million less than in 2014.

The 2015 poverty rate was 1.0 percentage point higher than in 2007, the year before the most recent recession.

For most demographic groups, 2015 poverty rates and estimates of the number of people in poverty decreased from 2014.
Between 2014 and 2015, poverty rates decreased for all three major age groups. The poverty rate for children under age 18 dropped 1.4 percentage points, from 21.1 percent to 19.7 percent. Rates for people aged 18 to 64 dropped 1.1 percentage points, from 13.5 percent to 12.4 percent. Poverty rates for people aged 65 and older decreased 1.1 percentage points, from 10.0 percent to 8.8 percent.

Maybe you really do think America is a land of suffering and poverty, but I assure it you that it isn't and progress is being made in this regard. However, CNN Money tells us Trump's policies would cost the US economy a trillion dollars and four million jobs.

Oxford Economics found that if fully implemented, Trump's economic, tax and immigration policies would cost 4 million U.S. jobs, weigh down global growth and U.S. consumer spending, and could spark a trade war with other nations.
"Combining these policies together, the impact could be significantly negative for the U.S. economy," says Jamie Thompson, head of macro scenarios at Oxford Economics.
Oxford's figures are in line with other analysis.

What's that going to do to the poverty? We can't let him get elected and wreck this havoc on the US and global economies. Clinton's policies contain no magic bullet that will fix all the problems. A candidate that makes this claim is either an idiot or lying. Oh wait, Trump pretty much makes this claim....

Incidentally,   the income-based poverty rate in the UK is at 16.8% . well above that of the US :left: Again, the size of the America's population generates large numbers, but as a percentage, America's poverty isn't that that bad. It's easy to say "43 million on foodstamps!", yes but out of country of ~320,000,000.

Reply #1410
The MSM has had a meltdown, a flat out apoplectic fit.
Hyperbole, of course.

The problem is his softball questions.

—This is getting real. You still have time, do you still want to do this?

—There's kids watching at home right now ... Why should they want to grow up and be president?

—Did you always see yourself getting into politics?

—Do you think your business background helps you with campaigning?

—What has changed, from when you started running to now?

—Do you pay attention to the polls?

—You said, “If [Putin] says great things about me, I'll say great things about him.” Um?

—You say you don't traditionally prepare for the debate?

—Do you know what a coin is, by the way?

—Have you ever played the board game Sorry?

—Hillary getting sick, you handled that very well, saying you hoped she gets better. Have you gotten close to getting sick this whole campaign?

—How do you not get sick from shaking all those hands?

—I've read you eat fast food all the time?

—You're from Queens?

—Why would you excel at this job?

—How would your co-workers and peers describe you?

—What do you like to do outside of work? Do you have any hobbies?

—Why do you want to leave your current job?

—What will you do if you don't get this position?

—Could I mess your hair up?

What a milquetoast wuss, an obsequious little pansy. Is it even possible for a nose to get more brown? I think not.

Reply #1411
......The problem is his softball questions........

Awwww, do da poor, poor leftists have a problem because Trump was on a late night comedy/entertainment program, having a chat with an entertainer, kind of entertainer to entertainer, are they expecting that anyone associated with the MSM must, under orders, only pose hardball political questions or demonstrations?  Smiling, chatting, making the audience applaud, & laugh, joking......all forbidden under MSM political brown shirt guidelines?

Late night entertainment/comedy talk show hosts must be firm & hard on anyone that comes before them!  Right?

Like unscrewing an already open jar of pickles?

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2bmfiisVU[/VIDEO]

I bet SHillary sweated that one out......she exerted a powerful lot of energy opening that already open jar didn't she? 

Why was she laughing, the host was dead serious.....right!? 

Or, maybe Jimmy Fallon was the shrewd interviwer here......playing hardball with the soon to be pneumonia riddled Hills?

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDFL8tgn0Q[/VIDEO]

Now, did the MSM give either one of those shows harsh reviews for being soft on SHillary?? ...... OF COURSE NOT!!

'Coony, you're a joke!

Your whole defense & explanation was a shameful joke!!  

Reply #1412
e they expecting that anyone associated with the MSM must, under orders, only pose hardball political questions or demonstrations?
Why not? Clinton gets sick for a few days and its like she won't even survive one term in office for health reasons all because Crooked Donald has been engaging a conspiracy theory about her health. The MSM, in fact, has been treating Don the Con with kid gloves by comparison to the grilling Clinton gets. You probably missed the post where I noted that I'll probably not even vote for her, but for the Liberation candidate Gary Johnson. It's amazing that Trump's bozo supporters somehow think they're going against the establishment by voting for a billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Along with big government, people like him have been the problem all along. He's not even a good businessman, with his personal bankruptcies and failures of his ventures and yet his sheep somehow think he'll do better with the US economy?

Reply #1413
I can't wait to get this damned election behind us. It'll also be nice not to have to see this thread again.

FFS, @rjhowie is looking like a serious contender these days.

Reply #1414
Fuck it. Let's change the constitution to make it happen. Robert Howie for President! I'll send him plane tickets to start the campaign here in Vegas :yes:

Reply #1415
[glow=blue,2,300]Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in Latest Poll [/glow]

Source:  THE N.Y. POST   
Donald Trump is gaining support among African-American voters — whose enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton is eroding, a tracking poll released Saturday revealed.

Trump saw a 16.5 percentage-point increase in backing from African-American voters in a Los Angeles Times/University of Southern California tracking poll, up from 3.1 percent on Sept. 10 to 19.6 percent through Friday.

Meanwhile, the same poll showed Clinton’s support among that group plummeting from 90.4 percent on Sept. 10 to 71.4 percent.

Clinton’s nearly 20-point crash began Sunday, said Dan Schnur of USC. Sunday was the day Clinton was recorded collapsing while entering a Secret Service van at a 9/11 event.

The survey, which spanned through Friday, included the days in which Trump reignited the divisive “birther” issue — which critics contend is a thinly veiled attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the country’s first black president.......continued

Now, this spells more trouble for SHillary than almost all the other polling, because these "VOTERS" were solid for Obama in 2012, where their overall plurality in many states gave Obama his edge.

Yes, The Donald is making inroads where the demonrats can hardly afford defections  ..........  from their
  [glow=green,2,300]"taken for granted" [/glow] Afro-American base. 

Reply #1416
Oh dear. I wouldn't use that kind of language midnight at someone - even from Edinburgh.

Still think that 43 million poor is a shocking thing along with the million annually losing homes. Trying to lessen that against the total population is a tut-tut thing my boy. Doesn't matter which of the two puppet controlled parties run the country the tens of millions remain there as much as anything else.

If I wasn't such a royalist I would make a most different President for the ex-colonies. There would be big changes, wider democracy, honesty and women fainting. Mind you being a highly individual kind of man I would pay my own fare.  :whistle:  :cheers:  (Irn Bru)

Reply #1417
Yes, The Donald is making inroads where the demonrats can hardly afford defections  ..........  from their
  "taken for granted" Afro-American base. 
The democrats and republicans both can take certain demographics for granted. Now is the time for the Libertarian and Green Parties to rise and clear out the corruption and pandering to the most small minded supporters in the primaries that produces candidates such as Trump and Clinton.

As far as the polls are concerned, you can actually get a good idea of the accuracy of them for 538 .  But let's see what happens to them after the debates. The election might even come down to how much discipline Trump shows then. Trump's erratic behavior is major deterrent to a whole lot of voters, meaning he's approaching a low ceiling already.

Reply #1418
Now is the time for the Libertarian and Green Parties to rise and clear out the corruption and pandering to the most small minded supporters in the primaries that produces candidates such as Trump and Clinton.
:) Neither of those parties poll beyond 15%, and actually much less… They'll muddy the waters, is all.

Your last "big-minded" suggestion was to amend the constitution, to allow a certain "RJ Howie" to run… :) Of course, you didn't mean that: The most you meant was that he should be "installed"; not an unusual plea from one of your political persuasion! :)

The Greens (…used to be Reds, remember?) and the Libertarians (…rejected conservatism for libertinism) won't be a factor in this election, or any that you or I will see. They're marginal parties, like the "wide democracy" Howie wishes upon us; because he'd like us to be as schizophrenic as his lot!
(He bemoans our problems yet ignores his own -which are worse- because we're not going fast enough into the inevitable hell that socialism leads to… He'd like to see us fail the way his country has. One wonders why?
Well, there's that German word that I'm no longer allowed to use… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1419
@midnight raccoon

An article you'll probably enjoy, Sang. :)
Wonder if you'll enjoy all the user comments too. ;)
However it's a fortune that you don't speak German, because the user comments referring to that article are much more devastating.

'Trump Is a Problem for the Whole World'

Two thinks, it might be worth to know for people abroad.
- "Der Spiegel" which once was a left magazine, became step by step the mouthpiece of hawkish US neocons.
- The "SPD" (Social Democrat Party) suggests that it is a left oriented party. It was once but changed drastically course under Gerhard Schröder.
Since, hundreds and thousands of voters have turned their back to this pseudo social democratic party. As a result, the big tent party it was once, will have to struggle now for 20% of the votes.

Reply #1420
I don't think an English speaker needs much of an active grasp of German to understand sentences like "Clinton oder Trump ist die Wahl zwischen Pest und Cholera." :P

Reply #1421
.....Now is the time for the Libertarian and Green Parties to rise......

Yeah.....Suuuuree.......Where's Allepo Johnson, & where's Columbus Stein.   
That's Real rising Hi-Class Commander-in-Chief material there!  

Nope, I see it with the loss of BHO as a "someone to vote for" rallying point, the demonrat party has a hard time keeping it's base awake past 9PM, much less motivated to vote for their outstanding, but sickly, candidate, SHillary "I have more scandals in my closet than Carter's got little liver pills" Clinton.

Even the sexy allure of her hottie cigar thrusting, syphilis ravaged hubby can't draw a yawn from the crowd!

All the while Trump's base of support stays steadily increasing, & never retreating.

Regardless what the MSM & everyone on the left says about Trump's so called bigoted, racist, red-necked, ignorant, 'Basket of Deplorables' base, they are quite loyal, their votes count just as much as Coony's or mine, & they will be storming the polls come November. This is like an election we've never seen before, whereas the political tried & true 'normalcy' really doesn't have as much punch, if any, with that bunch.

SHillary isn't going to siphon off Trump voters except in her wildest wet dreams.

BTW......Trump's voters seem to enjoy the tag SHillary gave them........ 'Basket of Deplorables' .........they wear it like a badge of honor!

Reply #1422
I know Oakdale only likes playing the fool amd use his ignorance of the real world outside but Socialist here? The Labour party with it's new leader is going nowhere and will be out of office for years. Living outside of the country I assume there is some way that other parties outside of the Democrats and Republicans cannot get played much and it is always just the big 2 and I am glad we are not like that at all. The frustration of many in America is there to witness including many who are concerned about their country.  I am not suggesting a whole squad of people in the tv dates but there needs to be more than just the 2 corporate controlled lot for goodness sake. It would be far more progressive if one or two more parties even if including the two others mentioned were on the "show." It would give many frustrated Americans something far better than they are getting stuck with.

Reply #1423
RJ doesn't need a Constitutional Amendment......he's already running

Reply #1424
I assume there is some way that other parties outside of the Democrats and Republicans cannot get played much and it is always just the big 2 and I am glad we are not like that at all
And when, pray tell, was the last time GB had a PM that was neither Conservative or Labour? ;)
进行 ...