Skip to main content
Topic: FBI Director Comey gets fired… (Read 12666 times)

FBI Director Comey gets fired…

This should have happened a long time ago. And Democrats are going to go ballistic.

What do you think?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Re: FBI Director Comey gets fired…

Reply #1
Trump creating more fake news.

Reply #2
Trump creating more fake news.
Stupid and uniformed Europeans, consuming "fake news" and thinking it'll sustain them! :) You're anemic -in terms of political news, ersi.

Comey had a clear obligation to refrain from mentioning the Clinton email investigation in public; perhaps he could have informed Congress in closed session… Intelligence committees sometimes need to know such things. But he went to Congress, repeatedly, in open session.
That violates the procedure of the FBI every which way from Sunday!
If there was an investigation, that should have remained confidential. Was it leaked to the press? That doesn't matter; the FBI is an agency of the U.S. government — not a PR firm or an arm of a political party.
Obama's DoJ knew all this, and didn't fire Comey.

What can't be denied is that Director Comey has no way to keep the reputation of the FBI un-sullied…

BTW: Obama administration officials are going to be "looked at" — and perhaps "unmasked" in NSA intercepts! :(

Myself, I'd like to see the Obama administration's silly expansion of access to NSA's "raw" data rescinded. Surely, Democrats will support this: Their "enemies" -the Republicans- have too much power and access now… :)
进行 ...

Reply #3
You're anemic -in terms of political news, ersi.
Whenever Trump does anything, there is nothing political in it in the relevant sense. It's just Trump clowning around like he's always done.

Reply #4
Whenever Trump does anything, there is nothing political in it in the relevant sense. It's just Trump clowning around like he's always done.
And silly Europeans reacting… We have enough local "democrats" willing to do this: Denigrate Trump, and whatever his administration does!

Do you think Director Comey has recently reasonably performed the duties of his office?
进行 ...

Reply #5
And silly Europeans reacting...
Who started the thread? Who asked for opinions?

You are the only one reacting here. Without me, you would have nothing to react to. Trump by himself is not worth it.

There's nothing news-worthy in that Trump fired Comey. Whatever the purported reason, the real reason is dis/like, because that's the bottom line with Trump.

It's news-worthy if Trump replaces Comey with someone who is not yet another one of his croney friends. We all know how that will go.

Reply #6
Who gets fired  ???
Comedy?  :no:

Reply #7
I'm not reacting, either.

Reply #8
In Oakdale's mind Europeans, Asians and South Americans are totally reacting to things like the succession of Scalia or Comey or whoever (because Congress Democrats do and therefore Europeans and South Americans do also - they are all a bunch of Commies so they all do the same Commie thing).

In reality, not even Canadians would care if Trump annihilated the entire FBI because he can't imagine a purpose for it and doesn't believe that its employees do any work.

It's sad to be fired

Reply #9
It's sad to be fired.
Good luck to Mr. Comey.
(I suppose I'm starting to react somehow... :right:)

Reply #10
Flies changes the shit remains the same...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #11
So ersi and his ilk post to say that they have no interest (and no understanding) of the topic)…But they still dislike President Trump.
It's news-worthy if Trump replaces Comey with someone who is not yet another one of his croney friends. We all know how that will go.
If the U.S. Senate has been compromised, we'll see.…

This -for the Democrats- is still about "the Russian 'interference' in our democratic process… Which is to say, Hillary lost! As the kids say nowadays: Oh noes! :)
Comey had -for the likes of me- a checkered past: He appointed a fellow -also well respected- named Fitzgerald as a Special Prosecutor, to discover who "outed" Valerie Plame as an under-cover CIA agent…
She wasn't "under-cover" and Fitz knew before he began his year-long investigation who leaked her name and status. But he never named or charged the culprit: He was —it seems to me— tasked with finding someone in GW Bush's administration  to charge…
I'm still angry with GW for his not pardoning "Scooter" Libby. who did nothing wrong, let alone illegal.
Comey never apologized, either.

BTW: If you have no interest in the topic and no understanding of its history, why comment as if you do? Some people outside the U.S. will assume you know what you're talking about; they'd be wrong. It only makes you seem silly…to us here; well, the Democrats (and AntiFa Communists! :) ) will agree with whatever you have to say against the Trump administration and America in general. Ask questions, if you'd need to know more. Or be like ersi and assume you know everything already.
Thankfully, he doesn't even participate in Estonia's politics…
进行 ...

Reply #12
BTW: If you have no interest in the topic and no understanding of its history, why comment as if you do?
I comment to correct this rather fundamental misunderstanding of yours. Different from what you assume, when Trump acts, the action has no connection whatsoever to any history, meaning, purpose, principle, topic, or such. Trump is a tweeting monkey. Your posting shows that you are taking seriously some statistical probability of a Shakespearean chef d'oeuvre from him. #sad

Reply #13
His vernacular represents its source if the subject matter isn't telling enough.

Tho, side note: I have found it interesting how rightwing propaganda blogs have adapted words you, not three years ago, would have only found in conspiracy theory blogs.

I almost miss the days he got caught up in the 'clever' use of a thesaurus for some B novel he was reading at the time.

Reply #14
Trump is a tweeting monkey.
Tweeting gorilla. His dream is to have a beautiful lady at one hand while standing up at the top of his towers.
Tweeting Godzilla.

Who cares about an FBI director. Who cares about his boss.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #15
Well the FBI were playing nonsense over that load of silly guff about interference in what passes for elections in the ex-colonies.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #16
Un-packing your prejudices is too tedious, RJ:) (It would help if you could write a grammatical sentence. But I know better than to expect that! :) )

To you posters here who might as well be Tweeters: Your "deep" understanding is appreciated, by my country's Democratic Party die-hards. They know that only the rejection of our constitutional republic and our traditional rule of law will allow them to prevail.
It's odd -to me- that you'd prefer our failure… You have better examples to learn from? :)

Let me explain this as if to children: FBI Director Comey laid out an explicit case for indicting Hillary Clinton for violations of the Espionage Act… After he explained at length why she was guilty (by the letter and spirit of the law…) he then said no prosecutor would pursue such an indictment.
I see no other reason for this than his understanding of the reach and vindictiveness of the Clinton "machine" which would give even him qualms.
Do you wonder why I am in favor of "draining the swamp"?
进行 ...

Reply #17
Prejudice? Yanks are brought up with it so i accept you are an expert.

Reply #18
Prejudice? Yanks are brought up with it […]
We learned it from our British "masters"… :) Who "brought them up to it"? :)
进行 ...

Reply #19
Easy excuse but may i remind you dear ex-colonist that the people who led your daft breakaway were the monied class hence the state of the place today?

Reply #20
This idiot Trump is more dangerous than Nixon.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #21
Maybe one day a proper full democracy might come in over there but won't be quick.

Reply #22
This idiot Trump is more dangerous than Nixon.
Well, since Nixon's dead… :) (Why was Nixon dangerous again?)

@RJ: A "proper democracy" is what again? Oh, yes, I remember: Whatever silliness or inanity RJ thinks he grew up with! (In his "defence," he was at least twice rejected by his neighbors for political office… That does show some sensibility! :) )
进行 ...

Reply #23
My political corner dear Trumpite, oops, OakdaleFTL so I have little to bother me. We have a far wider political system than you lot of corporate controlled nationalists misusing the word patriot. When your idea of a parliament is wider like ours then boast boy.  :yes:

Reply #24
Here's some food for thought.........here is a scenario that is completely legal, & may just come to fruition within the near future.....

If President Trump nominates a candidate that the dems & the rinos see as too partisan, according to the accepted rumors, they will reject him or her.

So, what happens....back to the drawing board, the President will have to nominate another.....so let's say he nominates a candidate even more partisan than the first.....the dems & rinos reject again.....

This can go on for months upon months.....

It might actually be the 'calculated' original plan, that the President may actually want to appoint an extremely biased, & highly partisan FBI Director.....the appointee he really wanted from day one........but an appointee he knew for certain the Senate would never confirm.......a "Temporary or Acting" FBI Director can stay in the Director position, as such, indefinitely, without Senate approval, because the Senate only gets the opportunity to be involved when, & if, the President makes a nomination of a permanent replacement of the FBI Director.....but not temporary replacement(s) (acting directors).

There is no law forcing the President to make a nomination that the Senate will confirm.........only that the President can make a nomination(s), & present that nomination to the Senate for it's consideration ("advice and consent").

The law does say that the President can make temporary, acting, interim appointments to the position of FBI Director.....it doesn't stipulate how many or how few.........1, or 2, or maybe even 5..........& the Senate doesn't get to say anything about any of those appointments because they aren't presented as permanent appointments.

That's a fact......it's sort of a loophole in the process, & one President Trump could have a field day with!!

Chew on that one for a while............

In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.