Skip to main content
Topic: Who's your favorite politician? (Read 19202 times)

Re: Who's your favorite politician?

Reply #51
I'm going with Churchill, but am waiting anxiously for the master's reply.

It won't be Nick Clegg.
==================
I should have mentioned that my choice is #8. The more that I pay attention to politicians, the more I realize that they all suck pond scum. But if pressed to pick a presidential candidate in '16, I'd have to go with somebody who has no chance of winning. Please don't hold me to that, though.
http://www.sanders.senate.gov

Reply #52
My outstanding one was the late Enoch Powell. Deeply political and spiritual and an expert of our un-written consitutional process. He was also outspoken on the need to ensure immigration controls to the point that the numty who was PM sacked him but he returned to parliament as an Ulster Unionistfor years.I would say that Colonel Rebel did come with two even more special men. Even the London dockers came out in thousands to support an outstanding Tory. Attlee wasn't from my corner but he was an outstanding man and Churchill top. Amusingly, Attlee became a knight afterwards and his grandson became a Conservative and went to the House of Lords!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #53

My outstanding one was the late Enoch Powell. Deeply political and spiritual and an expert of our un-written consitutional process. He was also outspoken on the need to ensure immigration controls to the point that the numty who was PM sacked him but he returned to parliament as an Ulster Unionistfor years.I would say that Colonel Rebel did come with two even more special men. Even the London dockers came out in thousands to support an outstanding Tory. Attlee wasn't from my corner but he was an outstanding man and Churchill top. Amusingly, Attlee became a knight afterwards and his grandson became a Conservative and went to the House of Lords!

Just got done reading up on Powell after reading that he was your favorite politician.

An interesting MP for sure. Certainly he should be admired for his steadfastness in his beliefs. I found it amusing when I read that he shamed Maggie Thatcher in a speech when the Falkland Islands came under attack.

Also, his stance and immigration and yours are dead-on center. Makes sense you'd like him.

But yeah, given years of debating you, I knew I couldn't be too far off with Sir Winston or McAtlee.  8)

Reply #55
There are still colonial vestiges unrisen.

Reply #57
Neat attempt there jimbro.

Many who flocked to the SNP are at the same time not independence fanatics. It was the boring run of the Labour Party who thought they had a divine right to rule and got into a deep rut. I will accept that there are a lot of neo-fanatical nationalists who just have to hear the word 'Scotland' and get so choked up. When I tackled the 2 SNP zombies outside my polling station (from another thread) ey were a bit defensive on sheer economics. However jimbro here is an interesting zilch.

Sturgeon has made great play of trying to improve things in the UK in general and not on independence issues but Salmond has cam out and said the direct opposite in his usual arrogance and ignorance. He always snarls at the Conservatives yet ignores the matter of over 440,000 voting Tory in Scotland. (30,000 more than the last time One candidate who got in at an Edinburgh seat had publicly called senior citizens the brain dead and anyone not supporting the SNP was a traitor, quisling, etc.  Yes the modern Jacobites did well but it means little. Salmond sneered that David Cameron had no right to rule Scotland whilst totally ignoring the fact that the country was still in the Union having voted "NO." Yet at the same time he is boasting about there number of MP's and what they will do. Kind of stupid that only yhe emotional fall for. In the previous Scottish parliament time the SNP did not have an overall majority and who did they chat with when trying to get some things through but the Scots Conservatives.  Some years ago when i stood in the Glasgow City Elections Labour was beaten although still the largest single party so the Tories being second formed a Councuil and the 13 SNP councillors went into a coalition with the same Conservatives!

Oh, I dare say when in Westminster they will get on some Committees and individuals speak or get the chance at Prime Minister's Questions but they won't damn well get anywhere because the Tories have a majority and get what they want through so the army of SNP MP's will be very limited. And you can bet that the SNP will use that in turn to brain their mental midgets. They have also been blowing that they want more powers for Scotland and there is yet another nonsense. The Lord Smith Commission met with Scottish Labour, SNP, Tory, Liberal Democrats and they all agreed with the wider powers listed.  Others may be happy to have their brains misused but not I. The Edinburgh Parliament will get some of the widest powers any regional parliament gets in other countries.

The emotional guff is a propaganda case. If you ask many here what the national dress is they wil say "kilts." I tell them they are talking rubbish as more people lived in the Lowlands than the Highlands so maybe it should have been the hodden gray jackets with big buttons, knee breeches, brogues with big buckles and a tammy on the head. You get a blank look when you say that.  And anyway the kilts today and the fancy socks with cords round them and the jackets etc are nothing like the traditional at all anyway. Large sues of money has been spent putting both English and Gaelic names on railway station platform signs. Yet Gaelic was never the language of the whole country! As for bagpipes that is another daft area and they do me no favours.  I have no probs with the matter of kilts and associated stuff but the braining of their national position is an utter nonsense.

So the SNP can huff and puff all they like but the ruling party has an overall majority so their influence is very much limited. Of course when that becomes more obvious they will try to misuse that but that is democracy properly not what passes for it under Sturgeon and Salmond. He is bad enough and although she is a clever cookie she tends to walk with a routine spring in her physical step when you watch her. Too self-confident and full of herself and I no longer listen to her and when speaking on tv I turn it down. So we can "thank" Labour for creating this bunch of Brigadoon fanatics.

Reply #58
I don't have a favorite politician, but I do have a least favorite ex-politician.
Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

The jerk can't even open a door!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjIb6trxBI[/video]

Reply #59

The jerk can't even open a door!

More important than opening a door is the ability to handle a bottle.
A priceless picture taken from a former G8 meeting:

An apparently irritated host trying to advise the leader of the free world where to take a seat for the upcoming meeting.

Reply #61
I like Bush, reminds me Maxwell Smart...
Where's agent 99? :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #62
Almost daily Tony Abbott does something to cement his place as my favourite politician.
He is unhinged.

Reply #64
Must say with passing respect to Aussie land that I have never liked Abbot. Sorry.

Reply #65

Must say with passing respect to Aussie land that I have never liked Abbot. Sorry.

In the event that you know what it is/have it, have to say, I watched a documentary on Netfilx about Sir Winston that out-fawking-standing. I daresay even the infamous RJHowie would like it! (Narrated by an Englishman, so there isn't any "Ex-Colonist" bent to it, Howie).

Next time I use Netflix, I'll get the name for you.

Reply #66
It's Winston Churchill: Walking With Destiny. I subscribe to Netflix, so I'll be watching it soon.

If you're interested, it's available online at Netflix.com.

Reply #67
It wouldn't need an ex-colonist bent as there are other countries in the world you know. Churchill was outstanding and what do you lot do but stick up a statue in DC for a President in the 1860's who was a damn racist and hypocrite. Calibre isn't part of the ex-colonial mentality.

Reply #68

It wouldn't need an ex-colonist bent as there are other countries in the world you know. Churchill was outstanding and what do you lot do but stick up a statue in DC for a President in the 1860's who was a damn racist and hypocrite. Calibre isn't part of the ex-colonial mentality.

Well done Jim.  :cheers:

@Mr. Howie: Only you could turn the discussion that way 'round. Old grump.  :o :devil:

Reply #69
Hhmm. I could take that turn round as a kind of compliment in one sense but that would be me making a mistake. Just about everyone here including your pal jimbro jumps around too and of course I have no wish to be part of the duh hoi-polloi mindset. Stick by what I said. Churchill a giant and that Yank who gets a worshipping statue is the not in the same class. Yahboo!  :D

Who's everyone's favorite politician?

Reply #70
[move][glow=black,2,300]Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........[/glow]   :sherlock:  [/move]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKAzJcU-DA[/VIDEO]

[move][glow=black,2,300]Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........Hillary........Scandals.........Hillary.........Scandals..........Hillary..........Scandals........Hillary.........Scandals.........Hillary..........Scandals..........Hillary........Scandals........[/glow]   :sherlock:  [/move]

Reply #71
A few  words to Donald Trump, who seems to be aiming for election as court jester. You are a failure. As usual, it has been done better in the U.K.
Screaming Lord Such, of the Monster Raving Loony Party was more original, more absurd, and more attractive than you could ever be. Give up, go home, and stop bothering us.

Reply #72
A few  words to Donald Trump, who seems to be aiming for election as court jester.

If he's trying to make the rest of the GOP look sane by comparison? He has succeeded.

Reply #73
Ah memories - Screaming lord Such.

I had a single of his many, many years ago called "I'm a Hog For you Baby." Someone gave it to me for a laugh and the man was an actual eccentric. Cannot remember the flip side but something like something about screaming on a barbed wire fence.  If my memory serves me right that "Hog" single kept selling for 2 years and sold over 250,000!

As for Trump the election is a circus rather than a serious system so no harm in a laugh. At least he represents the rulers.

Reply #74
I'd have thought you'd preferred Napoleon XIV… (Perhaps the B-side was more to your liking? :) )

BTW: I had the great pleasure of seeing Screamin' Jay Hawkins live -at the Peppermint Lounge, in northern Massachusetts- in the mid-60s! Quite a showman.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)